--1942: In February, Rev. Robert Mastny, O.S.B., is installed as the new pastor, a position he will hold for the next 37 years. A former football, basketball, and baseball coach at St. Procopius College in Lisle, he had been an associate at SMC since 1937.
--1942-1945: Moroder Co. of Milwaukee installs the hand-carved oak main altar, side altars, communion rail, pulpit, and sedilia.
513 men of St. Mary of Celle would serve their country in the second world war--25 would lose their lives.
Turn to next page (click here)